Monday, December 8, 2008

Toys for Tots Softball Style

So this weekend I had a ball...literally!!! There was big tournament for Toys for Tots. The entrance fee was a toy!!! I went with the Pickett girls to play in St. George. I was scared spitless needless to say. For those that don't know the Pickett girls...lets just say they are good, no I mean really good!!! We get down there and I am so nervous, what if I strike out, okay wait...why is there 2 first bases and what the heck is with the home plate by the back fence? Co-ed has changed since the last time I played and caught a ball with my stomach from my big bro!!! So after running to the bathroom numerous times and a crash course on the ins and outs of softball, I was ready to go...Well I got up to bat and I threw the bat into the dugout...big no no!!! I didn't realize that it was a $400 bat...my bad!! (Sorry) I hit a nice one to the second baseman (oh man)!!! New rule I learned on the next up to bat, you can foul out...I let one drop, it was a strike...oh yea, I forgot to tell you, their pitcher pitched way high, it was like you waited and waited....then the next two balls I hit foul...I was out!!! Oh boy, not doing so well!!! We lost to make a long story short. We were done for Friday night so we went back to the hotel and then to Walmart for some Christmas shopping!!! Saturday rolls around....I remember all the stuff I learned the night before that was a miracle in its self...after running to the bathroom a hundred times again I was ready to play!!! This game was a little better for me... I hit a couple of times and I finally got on base...so everyone that knows me, I start cheering for myself and I let a "my hell" or a "wholly hell" I finally made it on base and the umpire says "well now that you made it, I'm going to have to eject you for swearing" I'm like oh @#%#....he's like just kiddin, right? I about died there on the first base!!! Luckily, he was just kiddin!!! To make another long story short, we lost!!! Next game, I had my grove on, except for 2nd to the last inning...I over threw Tami on third base...I tried to take myself out but they wouldn't let me...so after swearing in my glove, I continued on....even with my mistake. Sad thing is we lost again. So home we went!!! The closer we got to home, the more my muscles tensed up and I was walking like I was 500 years old....it was a sad day on Sunday trying to get ready for church...I couldn't hardly make it through sacrament so I hobbled home, took some IBU and sat down stairs and nursed my sore muscles!!! With all that happened I still had a blast, thanks Tami for letting me play....

1 comment:

Jared and Tiffany said...

jared was supposed to play that weeknd 2. he team members backed out. oh well.