Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kaden's favorite dish

So for all the people that I work with, you know that I have been obsessed with recipes. I just got a new book from the Gunnison 2nd ward. I have decided to take it upon myself to teach the boys how to cook. So today was Kaden's turn. I had him pick a recipe from the new cookbook and help me prepare it and this is what he chose....(this is now his favorite) It was really good. Dont laugh at the picture though!!


Chicken Pot Pie
Amie Tucker

3 c. cooked and cubed chicken
1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. flour
1/3 c. chopped onion
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. milk
2 c. frozen mixed vegetables
2 (9 inch) pie crusts


Heat oven to 425. Place one pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook until bubbly. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon filling over crust. Place second crust over filling; flute edges. Cut slits in several places on top crust. Bake at 425 for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.



1 comment:

Holder Family said...

Looks really good. My hubby really loves chicken pot pie, and your recipe is a little differant that mine so I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing your son with us this weekend. He is such a good kid.